Drain Cleaning: Frequently Asked Questions
Knowing how to handle problems with your drains can be challenging. Action Air answers some of the most frequently asked questions about drain cleaning.
1. What Are The Signs Of A Clogged Drain?
There are many signs to look out for when it comes to your clogged drains. Some of those signs include:
- Toilet Won’t Flush
- Plumbing Gurgles
- Slow Drainage
- Smelly Drains
- Unexplained Puddles and Wet Spots
If you experience some of these issues with your drains, it may be time to schedule a professional drain cleaning.
2. Can’t I Just Clean My Own Drains With Chemical Cleaner?
This is a big drain-NO! A lot of homeowners take this approach when dealing with a clogged drain. However, this isn’t always the best option. Not only are the chemicals in these cleaners hazardous to your health and the environment, they are also not the most effective – and can even do some extensive damage to your plumbing. Because the chemicals are designed to be strong enough to cut through hair, grease, and more, they are strong enough to cause corrosion. If you frequently use chemical cleaners, pipe replacement may be in your future.
3. What Causes Drains To Clog?
There are several contributing factors to what causes drains to clog. Some of the most common causes include:
- Grease, oil and fat
- Food waste
- Objects accidentally flushed (such as wipes, diapers, and feminine products)
- Cat litter
- Plants and leaves
- Mineral build-up
4. How Often Should You Schedule A Drain Cleaning?
Some homeowners are under the impression that you shouldn’t need to schedule a drain cleaning unless your drains are clogged. However, we recommend you schedule a drain cleaning every one to three years, even if your drains appear to be acting fine. If you have older plumbing, you should consider cleaning your drains more frequently.
5. Why Is A Professional Drain Cleaning Necessary?
A professional drain cleaning can keep problems from happening while saving you a lot of money in the long run. With a professional drain cleaning, you don’t have to worry ab out those nasty clogs and harsh chemicals. Here are the major benefits to hiring a pro, like the ones at Action Air.
- Eliminates Nasty Odors
- Reduces Chances of Future Clogs
- Protects Floors and Walls from Water Damage
- Improves the Health and Comfort of Your Family
- Saves You Money Over Time
- Keeps Your Pipes Happy For Longer
- Speeds Up Drainage
6. How Can I Prevent My Drains From Clogging Up In The Future?
By avoiding putting items down the drain that don’t belong, ditching the harsh chemicals, and keeping up on routine drain cleaning, you’re one step closer to a clog-free future!
Are Your Experiencing Issues With Your Drains? Contact The Pros at Action Air Today!
Action Air is here for all your Indianapolis professional drain cleaning needs. To schedule a drain cleaning appointment, call us at 317-451-4371 or fill out our online form here.