Home Maintenance Tips for November
The holiday season is in full swing, and if you’re like us, you either have relatives coming to visit, parties to plan, or you’re simply looking forward to warm, cozy nights spent sheltered from those cold, winter temperatures. As we get ready to say goodbye to fall, there are plenty of things to do in preparation, and so it’s time for our monthly home maintenance checklist – roll up your sleeves and dig in.
- We recently set our clocks back an hour, which means it’s also time to double check and change your batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- If you have an automatic garage door opener, inspect it and and lubricate according to manufacturer’s directions. Also, make sure all bolts and screws are properly tightened and secured.
- Sweep up old leaves and debris scattered inside your garage, and tidy up shelves and storage bins.
- Inspect any outside doors to make sure weather stripping is in good condition. Replace accordingly.
- If you haven’t finished cleaning out your gutters or drain spouts, do it now. Take another look at your roof and walkways to make sure they are clear of last-minute fall debris.
- Check for leaks around washing machine (prime suspects for leaks are the water supply hose washers). Inspect hoses and replace if necessary.
- Deep clean your dishwasher, trash compactor and countertop appliances.
- Deep clean carpets and other floor surfaces.
- Take a special trip to your nearest Laundromat with heavy-duty washing machines and clean comforters, blankets, throws and small rugs.
- If you haven’t had your heating unit inspected and serviced, schedule a visit now – before colder temperatures kick in.
As always, we are incredibly thankful for all of our customers. It is our pleasure to help make your home a comfortable place to be. We hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
This article was written by Action Air