Being the intelligent reader that you are, I know you know that it makes sense to maintain a piece of equipment that represents a sizable investment on your part. You wouldn’t let anything you value sit idle, untouched, uncared for – and then expect it to perform for you year after year.
That’s why maintenance of your furnace or heater makes so much sense. It preserves your investment, increases comfort and improves safety. And the way maintenance makes the very most sense is to tie the energy-saving, repair-reducing perks of a tune-up with the priority service and discounts that come from being part of a regular maintenance agreement program like the Action Air Service Club.
This season, your furnace is standing between you and the outdoor cold. Its safe operation is standing between your family and carbon monoxide leaks. And its continued service and care is standing between you and an untimely repair or replacement expense.
A routine tune-up of your furnace is one of the best investments you can make to ensure continued comfort and safety while also reducing energy expenses and protecting against undetected CO leaks. In a sense, a tune-up turns back the hand of time, restoring your system to a newer condition. By doing so, efficiency improves – which helps your energy bill. Operational reliability improves – which maintains your comfort on cold nights. And safety is assured – which maintains your peace of mind.
Here are the basics of what a tune-up involves:
- Checking thermostat settings for consistent, reliable comfort
- Tightening electrical connections for safe operation and preserving equipment life
- Lubricating all moving parts to reduce friction in motors and decrease electrical usage
- Checking system controls to ensure proper and safe operation and so that it will start, operate and shut off properly
- Checking gas or oil connections, gas pressure, burner combustion and heat exchangers. Improper operation can be a fire or health hazard
Indianapolis home owners, don’t wait until your furnace is not operational. Schedule your tune-up today with Action Air Heating and Air Conditioning!