Ready to go see holiday lights that will thrill and delight you and your family? Whether you’re staying in the Indianapolis area, traveling throughout the state or road-tripping across the country, we’ve got you covered. Here’s your ultimate guide to the best light displays this season.
Not only does Visit Indy know where the top holiday light displays are, they can also tell you where to go for holiday celebrations, attractions and special events. This includes the Indianapolis Zoo, downtown Indianapolis, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and more.
- Marion Walk of Lights – This display spans over two miles and features more than 2.5 million lights in over 120 displays.
- Frankfort Holiday of Lights – Located at T.P.A. Park (Gem City Park), it includes a drive through the Tunnel of Lights.
- Danville Winterland Light Show – This festival has been a tradition for Hendricks County since 1996, and includes Mr. and Mrs. Claus on the weekends.
- Sharpville Lights: Christmas in the Country – a free computerized Christmas show where lights flash to the sound of music. The show has 120,000 lights spread over 2 acres, and is controlled by 352 computer circuits.
- Fort Wayne Light Displays – Whether it’s downtown or in the suburbs, this website features a handy map, and directions to public and private displays.
- Southern Indiana – This site highlights seven different holiday light displays across the southern part of the state.
- Midwest Living shares 30 Great Places to See Holiday Lights, and includes walking and driving tours, along with carriage rides and visits with Santa.
- The Traveling Mom features holiday lights from all over, including Illinois, Ohio, Wisconsin, South Dakota, Michigan and Missouri.
Throughout the U.S.
- Christmas Light Finder makes finding holiday lights easier, with a searchable database that includes homes, businesses and non-profits – no matter where you are.
- Looking for family friendly displays? Taking the Kids helps you find top holiday lights and Christmas decorations, no matter where you’re traveling.
Do you have additional holiday light suggestions?
If you know of specific holiday light displays worth the trip, please let us know. And remember, preparing for the holidays should also include regular service for your heating system to ensure that your holidays are warm and safe. Give us a call and we’ll get you scheduled.