Action Air is an HVAC company located near Indianapolis in Fishers, but we care about more than just profits. It’s important to us that our community be uplifted, through our efforts and through the efforts of those around us. ‘Tis the season of giving, so if you can find the time, the money, and the heart, here are ways to give back in Indianapolis.
Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community. It doesn’t take a bit of cash to do it either! If you have some spare time, or if you could rearrange your schedule, then you can offer your free services to these Indianapolis nonprofits:
- Help sort and distribute food at Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana.
- Clean up your neighborhood with Keep Indianapolis Beautiful.
- Assist the vet techs at IndyHumane.
- Organize bouquets with Random Acts of Flowers.
- Mentor young women with Girls, Inc. of Greater Indianapolis.
The holidays usually equate to having less time on your hands than usual, so if you don’t have the time to volunteer and you want to give back to Indianapolis, donating money and goods is a great option. Here are some things you can try:
- Buy some books at Indy Reads Books. (The proceeds go to literacy funds!)
- Take nonperishable foods to Second Helpings and Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana.
- Donate money to the Little Red Door Cancer Agency.
- Give an old vehicle to Veteran Car Donations: Indianapolis or Make-A-Wish Car Donation.
- Donate blood at Versiti Blood Center of Indiana or donate plasma at PlasmaCare Indianapolis.
- Take gently used goods to Goodwill or the Salvation Army.
Every year, the Salvation Army ensures that children in poverty receive presents for the holidays. You simply “adopt” an Angel Tree child, learn about items they need and toys that they want, and then go out and get them for them.
Indiana residents have between November 15th (today!) and December 7th to adopt an Angel Tree child, and then you’ll simply drop off your gifts in the middle of December at one of the assigned locations.
Small Acts of Kindness
If you don’t have time to volunteer in your community or the extra cash for donations or presents, then you might consider these small acts of kindness. They’re free and take virtually no time to do.
- Pick up litter and throw it away, anytime you pass trash on a walk.
- Let someone go ahead of you in line.
- Give someone a compliment.
- Send someone a “thank you” note.
- Help your neighbor carry in their groceries.
- Babysit for a family member or friend, without asking for payment.
Your acts of kindness will make Indianapolis and the surrounding cities a little warmer this winter. We can help make it warmer too. With all the giving you’ve been doing, let us lend a helping hand. We can make sure your furnace is working properly for a reasonable price. Call our office today to talk about our seasonal specials and rates.